Tuesday, January 10, 2012

CPR - Book One


          For my CPR Book, for the month of January, I am choosing to read Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley. Hearing this month’s theme – a classic “must-read” before college – I wasn’t sure what to think. I haven’t read many ‘classic’ books, and the ones I have, I haven’t necessarily enjoyed them. Looking through the ‘must-read’ lists seemed overwhelming, and nothing immediately jumped out at me.
          After perusing several lists, one title (that appeared nearly everywhere) began to interest me. I’d obviously heard of Frankenstein before, even though I’d never read any of it, or even seen the movies. The subject had always seemed interesting, but I had just assumed that the book was too difficult, too long, or too boring. When I visited the bookstore, however, and saw the book in the ‘Classics’ section, it seemed like something I would read. I asked my dad – who has read a lot of classics, and generally has the same taste in books as me – and he reaffirmed my reaffirmed my suspicions, and told me that he thought this was a book I would enjoy. So, I grabbed the book from the store, and now intend to read it as my first CPR Book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment